This intimate wine tasting is led by Pedro Mazuelas, one of Spain's most well renowned sommeliers. Mazuelas will explain the art of wine tasting in detail, assessing the flavours, qualities and characteristics of wines through all four senses: sight, taste, smell and touch.
What's more, you will be able to choose a theme for the night! For example, you can ask that the tasting be centred around a particular type of grape or specific geographic region. If you would like to personalise your tasting to a theme, please indicate what you're looking for in advance so that we can prepare the tasting accordingly.
And to top it all off, you and your friends will enjoy a delicious dinner at one of Madrid's trendiest and most unique restaurants: the MOMA.
we do during the tasting?
Assess the flavours, qualities and characteristics of wines through all four senses--sight, taste, smell and touch.
A detailed list of each step in the tasting:
- Principles of Sensory Analysis
- Methodology of tasting still wines
- Development of white wines
- Tasting of 4 white wines
- Main features of Appellations of Origin (Denominaciones de Origen) of wines tasted
- Red wines. Development of red wines
- Tasting of 4 red wines, including a young (joven), vintage (crianza), and reserve (reserva)
- Visual phase
- Aromas: primary, secondary and tertiary
- Gustatory sensations: assessment and balance
- Nasal and retro-nasal olfaction, and aftertaste
- Characteristics of Appellations of Origin of wines tasted
- All activities mentioned in the program
- An expert sommelier that will take you through a 3-hour tasting
- Clams in Marinara Sauce (tomato, garlic and herbs)Almejas a la marinera
- Smoked Salmon Tartines from the renowned Ahumados Dominguez with Dill SauceTartines de Salmón ahumado de hermanos Domínguez con salsa de eneldo
- Carpaccio of Cod with Tomato Confit BaseCarpaccio de bacalao con base de tomate confitado
- Sticky Rice with PrawnsArroz meloso con gambas
- Fresh Grilled Foie with a Berry ReductionFoie fresco a la plancha con reducción de frutos del bosque
- Timbale of Grilled Vegetables with Goat Cheese au gratinTimbal de verduras a la plancha con queso de cabra gratinado
- Scrambled Eggs with Iberian Cured Ham Huevos rotos con jamón ibérico
- Sirloin Steak with Finely Cut Potatoes
Entrecotte de buey con papas panaderas